Playlists of the MIT Folk Dance Club
|This is HoraWiki, a treasury of Israeli folkdance information that anyone can edit! To get started, visit the Home Page.|
For several decades, the MIT Folk Dance Club has kept a record of dances played and taught at all of its weekly sessions (not just Israeli). The pages listed here collect the records of the Israeli session, both weekly harkadot and special events.
Each session's playlist—including dances played, dances taught, the name of the programmer, the venue, requests for dances to be taught, etc.—was recorded on a single numbered page of a "Coop Computation Book" from the Harvard Cooperative Society. Each of the following pages collects the contents of one such book.
- Up to 5 June 1975: No recorded playlists have been located. It's possible that no records were kept.
- 6 December 1995 through 9 September 1998: The whereabouts of this book are unknown.
- 16 September 1998 through 12 September 2001: under construction
- 19 September 2001 through 24 November 2004: under construction
- 1 December 2004 through 2 January 2008: The whereabouts of this book are unknown.
- 27 April 2011 through 2 July 2014: under construction