Changing a page is easy:
- Go to the page you want to change.
- Click the "Edit" tab near the top of the page. (If there's no "Edit" tab, either you're not logged in or the page is locked. Sorry.)
- You now see the content of the page in an editing box. Go for it!
- Click "Show preview" any time to see the changed page. It's a good idea to do this before your final save!
- When you're satisfied, click "Save page".
... and that's it! Your changes are now part of HoraWiki.
Don't be afraid to edit. You can't do any permanent damage, since we save all the old versions of every page.
If you'd like to practice, there's a page you can use for playing and experimenting, the sandbox. Everything on that page gets thrown away periodically, so you can do whatever you want to it, even publish changes.
Every page has an associated page, its "Talk" page, for discussion or questions or remarks about the page's content or appropriateness. You access this page via the tab labelled "Talk". The conventions for using a Talk page are explained here.
How to make things happen on a page
The next thing you need to know is how to get text in italics and boldface, how to make lists with numbers or bullets, how to link to other pages, make section headers and tables and so forth. You'll see several examples if you try editing this very page to see its source. Here are some resources:
- Beginners' reference, with many examples.
- Another beginners' guide that you might like better
- Terse cheatsheet, reminders for the experienced
- Complete editing documentation, pretty dense