|This is HoraWiki, a treasury of Israeli folkdance information that anyone can edit! To get started, visit the Home Page.|
These dances were originally choreographed as a circle-couple dance: The first time through the music, the dance is done in one big circle. Then the partners dance together for the second time through the music. Following that, the original large circle re-forms, and we continue alternating circle and couple.
Most of these do basically the same steps in both parts, often adding a turn for the couples part. By now in most of the dances, the couples part has disappeared so that only the circle version is commonly done.
List of circle-couple dances
Where appropriate, more details can be found at the individual page of each dance.
- Bat Tsurim - by Yoav Ashriel
- El Harahat - by Rivka Sturman
- Eshmera Shabbat - by Se'adya Amishai
- Ga'aguim - by Moshiko - a mixer
- Hashual - by Rivka Sturman
- Le-Or Khiyuchech - by Shalom Hermon - completely different steps for circle and couple part
- Nigun Atik - by Rivka Sturman - completely different steps for circle and couple part
- Simchu Na (Chassida) - by Yonatan Gabai
- Zemer Bagilboa - by Shlomo Maman