Lists of Dances
|This is HoraWiki, a treasury of Israeli folkdance information that anyone can edit! To get started, visit the Home Page.|
Articles at HoraWiki that are lists of dances sharing some characteristic.
Please keep this list of lists in alphabetical order.
- Called dances - Dances where a leader controls the dancers by signaling upcoming steps.
- Circle-Couple Dances - Dances done partially in circles and partially with a partner.
- "Double" dances - Instances where two more choreographies exist to the same or to very similar music.
- Eponymous Dances - Dances named after human beings.
- "Equivalent" Dances - Dances that "have the same or similar impact of the energy on the dance floor and feel similar in execution".
- Leap Dances - In honor of the Gregorian leap year calendar, many dances that include a leap step.
- Music vs Dance - Dances that have some unusual connection with their music.
- Original Music - Dances that are usually done to a version of the music adapted from an original in another language.
- "Regular" dances - Dances with one step for every count of the music
- Unusual Meters - Dances to songs with unusual meter, phrasing, or musical construction.
Technical note: This page is different from Category:Dance Lists, which is a list of all pages that contain the command "[[Category:Dance Lists]]". That page is maintained automatically. This one is much nicer in that it supplies a description of each list. Arguably the category page should go away.