Lists of Dances
|This is HoraWiki, a treasury of Israeli folkdance information that anyone can edit! To get started, visit the Home Page.|
Articles at HoraWiki that are lists of dances sharing some characteristic.
Please keep this list of lists in alphabetical order.
- Animal dances - Dances named after an animal.
- Called dances - Dances where a leader controls the dancers by signaling upcoming steps.
- Circle-Couple Dances - Dances done partially in circles and partially with a partner.
- Dances Played at the First Karmiel Festival - 20 dances chosen to be done by everyone at the first Karmiel festival.
- "Double" dances - Instances where two or more choreographies exist to the same or to very similar music.
- Eponymous Dances - Dances named after human beings.
- First Creations - The first dance created by each choreographer.
- First Steps - Dances that are the first to use a specific step.
- Instrument dances - Dances named after an instrument.
- Leap Dances - In honor of the Gregorian leap year calendar, many dances that include a leap step.
- Minimal-Contact Partner Dances - Partner dances for use in virtual sessions.
- Music vs Dance - Dances that have some unusual connection with their music.
- Original Music - Dances that are usually done to a version of the music adapted from an original in another language.
- Problem Solver Dances - Dances treated in the Folk Dance Problem Solver, a publication of The Society of Folk Dance Historians
- "Regular" dances - Dances with one step for every count of the music.
- Unusual Meters - Dances to songs with unusual meter, phrasing, or musical construction.
- Unusual Sequences - Dances with an unusual sequence of steps.
Technical note: This page is different from Category:Dance Lists, which is an automatically-maintained list of all pages that contain the command "[[Category:Dance Lists]]". This page is better; it supplies a description of each list. Arguably the category page should go away.